We tried it! Homemade pumpkin muffins
Test out a new pumpkin recipe for the holidays!
-1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
-6 eggs, beaten
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/2 cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh (if fresh, cook and strain excess before using in recipe)
-1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
-1/2 cup coconut flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1 & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon cloves
-1/4 teaspoon allspice/nutmeg
-pinch of salt
-Optional: semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degress Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a standard muffin tray or use paper muffin cups to put inside the muffin tray.
3. Combine wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well beaten: butter, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin and honey.
4. Measure dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking powder, connamon, cloves, allspice/nutmeg, chocolate chips) into a sifter and slowly sift into the wet ingredients while simultaneously whisking so lumps do not form.
5. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top. If a toothpick comes out clean, they’re done.
Picture: The Barre Studio Blog | Provided